BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: Setup

Setup 14 Jan 2015 21:38 #14845

• mpbalda
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Recently purchased Uniden BCD436HP. Did setup per the instructions. I set zip code and it downloaded database and setup scanning for local frequencies. I live in Tucson AZ and it setup for scanning all local law enforcement, fire etc. Problem is everything works except for the Tucson Police Department. The TPD channels show up on the scanner but no calls ever come through on them. Avoid is turned off for these channels. Is there something else I need to set?

Re: Setup 15 Jan 2015 13:07 #14856

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Tuscon public services (Police, Fire, Sheriff etc.) are on the Pima County Wireless Integrated Network (PCWIN). This is an 800 MHz APCO P25 Phase II system. You will need a good signal to receive digital broadcasts and you need to make sure your database is up-to-date by using Sentinel and downloading the database, then write to scanner. This system changes fairly frequently as it's still relatively new.

Make sure you have LAW-Talk, Law-Tac and Law-Dispatch Service Types enabled and that your location is set properly either by Zip-Code, Latitude/Longitude or Auto-Locate.

The legacy Tuscon Police/Fire system is probably not used anymore since the PCWIN system became fully functional.

Bob - KB1VUA
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds