SD Card Access Error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: SD Card Access Error

SD Card Access Error 30 May 2015 18:16 #15343

• Punkie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
My sons Home Patrol 1 scanner was working fine yesterday. We took it off power and used it on battery power for about 2 hours and turned it off while still on battery power. An hour or so later we tried to turn it back on using battery power as we have done many times before only to get a screen that read SD Card Access Error. I have followed the steps of unplugging and removing the batteries for 1 minute with no success. We do not have anything from the scanner backed up using the home patrol software on the computer. I have taken out the 4mb micro SD card and tried a newly formatted 16mb SD card and placed it back in the scanner and received the same SD Card Access Error message.

Can anyone help us out with what to do next?

Thank you greatly!

Punkie
Punkie

Re: SD Card Access Error 30 May 2015 18:56 #15344

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Punkie wrote:
My sons Home Patrol 1 scanner was working fine yesterday. We took it off power and used it on battery power for about 2 hours and turned it off while still on battery power. An hour or so later we tried to turn it back on using battery power as we have done many times before only to get a screen that read SD Card Access Error. I have followed the steps of unplugging and removing the batteries for 1 minute with no success. We do not have anything from the scanner backed up using the home patrol software on the computer. I have taken out the 4mb micro SD card and tried a newly formatted 16mb SD card and placed it back in the scanner and received the same SD Card Access Error message.

Can anyone help us out with what to do next?

Thank you greatly!

Punkie

Unfortunately, if you didn't back up anything to the Sentinel Software, you will have to start over with your programming.

As far as the card error, it's an easy fix:

Before turning the scanner on..... Connect the scanner to your computer using the included cable after installing a fresh set of batteries and the SD card. Start Sentinel running on your computer.

Now turn on the Home Patrol... it should go right into the "mass storage" mode.

From the top menu in Sentinel, click "Home Patrol", then "clear user data", then check the box that says "display all drives". If the SD card is showing up there, finish the "clear user data" process and then "write" to the scanner from Sentinel to restore your data, disconnect the scanner from the computer and let it re-boot.

If the SD card doesn't show up in the step above, or if you still get the error message, try reformatting the card using this program:

www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

and then go back to the "clear user data" step above. If the SD card still doesn't show up, or if you still get the error message, replace the card with a new one, and then repeat the "clear user data" step above.

Cards are available in many locations and many on line stores. You can use up to 32GB.

When you're up and running, check to be sure you have "written" the latest database updates from Sentinel to the Home Patrol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Punkie

Re: SD Card Access Error 31 May 2015 18:13 #15345

• HP2WI
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same issue with my HP2. It will not install Sentinel. When I click on the setup file in Sentinel I get the " cannot read from device" and then the HP2 has the SD card read error on the screen. And asks me to reformat the SD card.

I don't have a card reader to reformat the SD card. Can this be done using the HP2? If all else fails I would like to contact Uniden for assistance but can not find a contact number on their website.

Looks like I bought a boat anchor instead of an expensive scanner!

Regards,

Jim F.
Hortonville, WI

Email me if you can help thank you: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: SD Card Access Error 31 May 2015 20:00 #15346

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
HP2WI wrote:
I am having the same issue with my HP2. It will not install Sentinel. When I click on the setup file in Sentinel I get the " cannot read from device" and then the HP2 has the SD card read error on the screen. And asks me to reformat the SD card.

I don't have a card reader to reformat the SD card. Can this be done using the HP2? If all else fails I would like to contact Uniden for assistance but can not find a contact number on their website.

Looks like I bought a boat anchor instead of an expensive scanner!

Regards,

Jim F.
Hortonville, WI

Email me if you can help thank you: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Download the latest copy of Sentinel from here:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel/HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_03_02.zip

Re: SD Card Access Error 31 May 2015 21:09 #15347

• Punkie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the advice. I purchased a new 16 gig micro SD card and once formatted and installed in the scanner the scanner uploaded what was needed to start working again.
Punkie

Re: SD Card Access Error 01 Jun 2015 17:24 #15354

• HP2WI
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the help! I ended up having to call Uniden, but it's working now. It was the SD card that needed to be reformatted and I was able to do that in the HP2 without having to buy a card reader.

I did use the SD formatter software you suggested.

Now I am off to find a better portable antenna, looking at the Diamond SRH789 and a couple of others...

Thanks again,
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds